GASB Releases New Resources on Revised Pension Accounting and Reporting Standards
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has released a new online toolkit designed to help preparers, auditors, and users of state and local government financial reports understand and apply the revised pension accounting and financial reporting standards.
The toolkit highlights key implementation issues and provides guidance on how preparers and auditors of state and local governments can effectively comply with the requirements.
It includes the following resources, among many others:
- The Guide to Implementation of GASB Statement 68 on Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions, an authoritative resource guide.
- A video discussing the top implementation issues arising from the pension standards.
- A video and eight podcasts discussing the implementation guide and the changes to accounting and financial reporting for pensions.
- A background document and six fact sheets answering frequently asked questions regarding the pension standards.
- An article identifying several areas public officials should consider as they plan, prepare, and collaborate when implementing the new standards.
Learn more and access the toolkit
Read the current issue of the Cities Bulletin